Jean-François Ethier, M. D., C. M., Ph. D.
Health: Populations, Organization, Practices Axis
Centre de recherche du CHUS
Division of General Internal Medicine
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Université de Sherbrooke
Department of Computer Science
Faculty of Sciences
Phone | 819 346-1110 ext. 74977
E-Mail | email@example.com
Dr Jean-François Ethier professor-researcher at the Université de Sherbrooke and the Center for Research at the CRCHUS (Sherbrooke University Health Center). He is also the codirector of the Groupe de recherche interdisciplinaire en informatique de la santé (GRIIS.ca). He has extensive collaborations in Europe and is an associate researcher at the INSERM UMRS 1138 in Paris. He received his medical training from McGill University where he graduated MD CM in 2006 and completed his residency in internal medicine in 2011. He subsequently completed a Master STS (public health) and a PhD in health informatics in Paris at Paris IV (Université Pierre-Marie Curie).
His research focuses on methods to support learning health systems (LHS) by putting the patient at the center of platforms to support integrated research, knowledge transfer and care delivery. More specifically, his projects target semantic interoperability between health and research infrastructures, temporal data operations to support complex health data queries as well as formal models (ontologies) to link care, research and connected personal devices (quantified self).
- INSERM UMRS 872, eq 22 - Sciences de l'Information au service de la Médecine Personnalisée (Université Pierre-Marie Curie – Paris 6)
- Ethier J-F, Curcin V, McGilchrist MM, Lim Choi Keung SN, Zhao L, Andreasson A, Bródka P, Michalski R, Arvanitis TN, Mastellos N, Burgun A, Delaney BC. eSource for clinical trials: Implementation and evaluation of a standards-based approach in a real world trial. International Journal of Medical Informatics [Internet]. 2017 Oct 1;106:17–24.
- Barton A, Ethier J-F, Duvauferrier R, Burgun A. An ontological analysis of medical Bayesian indicators of performance. Journal of Biomedical Semantics [Internet]. 2017 Jan 3;8(1).
- Ethier J-F, McGilchrist MM, Barton A, Cloutier A-M, Curcin V, Delaney BC, Burgun A. The TRANSFoRm project: Experience and lessons learned regarding functional and interoperability requirements to support primary care. Learn Health Sys [Internet]. 2017.
Deputy director for the "Data Platforms and Services" group of the Québec Support Unit, an initiative SPOR of the CIHR in collaboration with the FRQs and the MSSS
Journée d'étude des comités d'éthique de la recherche et de leurs partenaires (only available in French)
Know-How & Opportunities for Collaboration
- Biomedical Semantic Interoperability
- Data Warehouses
- Knowledge Engineering
- Personalized Medicine
- Translational research
- Learning Health Systems
- Clinical research