Marie-Claude Beaulieu, M. D.
Health: Populations, Organization, Practices Axis
Centre de recherche du CHUS
PBRN (Practice based research network) Director
Département of Family Medicine
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Université de Sherbrooke
Phone | 819 821-8000 ext. 74713
E-Mail | marie-claude.beaulieu@USherbrooke.ca
Improve primary care and interprofessional collaboration:
Professor Beaulieu is a family physician engaged in teaching for more than 30 years and in research since 2010. Her involvement in research began in an interdisciplinary team for secondary prevention of fragility fractures and improving patient care with osteoporosis. She continues in the area of interprofessional collaboration, inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis and interdisciplinary formation in medicine and rehabilitation.
Clinician practicing in a group of family medicine-based community, she is also associate director of the residency training program in family medicine and engaged in continuing medical education. She performs research projects close to clinicians, researchers, teachers and policy makers. She can integrate into her projects the various issues related to the trajectories of patient care, the development of best practices based on evidence and knowledge transfer in the field of interprofessional collaboration. Since May 2013, she is the director of PBRN (Practice Based Research Network) from the University of Sherbrooke, part of the "Quebec Network-1". She hopes to deploy a research culture in primary care. Since April 2015, codirector of the research axis Development of the aptitudes in Adults at Institut universitaire de première ligne en santé et services sociaux?du Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux de l'Estrie - Centre hospitalier universitaire de Sherbrooke.
- Co-chercheur: Partnership for applied research in fracture prevention programs for the elderly, OPTI-FRAC. $450,500 (IRSC; Programme d’amélioration des soins de santé 2012-2015)
- Co-chercheur : Réseau de connaissances en soins et services de la première ligne au Québec : Réseau-1 Québec. $3,000,000 (FRQS, Pfizer Canada, MSSS 2013-2019)
- Co-chercheur : Démarche visant à accompagner l'intégration des travailleurs sociaux dans les groupes de médecine de famille(GMF) dans une perspective de collaboration interprofessionnelle. $250 000 (MSSS 2016-2018)
- Priming primary care physicians to treat osteoporosis after a fragility fracture: an integrated multidisciplinary approach. Roux S, Beaulieu M, Beaulieu MC, Cabana F, Boire G. The Journal of Rheumatology, 2013 May; 40(5):703-11. doi: 10.3899/jrheum.120908.
Know-How & Opportunities for Collaboration
- Primary care services, health policy, chronic diseases
- Osteoporosis and fragility fracture prevention
- Exchange and knowledge transfer